Tea....what do you really know about it?
- Tea is one of the mainstays of civilization
- Tea is the most consumed liquid after water
- In Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages, black tea is known as "red tea", a more accurate description of the color of its liquid.
- If your chilled glass of iced tea clouds, slice up citrus fruit and add it to your glass. Lemons, limes, and oranges are high in acid and will help balance the pH level.
- Catechins are powerful antioxidants and disease fighters found primarily in green tea. By weight, catechins account for 15 to 30 percent of green tea, and 8 to 20 percent of oolong tea and 3 to 10 percent of black tea.